Davies' Lounge.

On the eastern underside of the world is an oddly shaped nolvety island. On that island is me, the left-wing, rock addicted, pollitically motivated, film loveing bad speller. And this is my blog.

August 16, 2005

Unchy Munchy

There's this clapping chant called unchy munchy that we used to do in the latter years of my primary school, but nobody else has heard of. I suspect that one of the teachers made it up. I really like it, and in order to share it with the world (cough cough) I will post the words to it here.

Unchy munchy, I’ve got a hunchy,

It’s time to sign and fight for your country.

Hear the man talking on the radio,

Get on the boats ya got far to go,

Bullets are flying, people are dieing,

And back home their wives are crying.

Anda, manda, properganda,

Spread around veranda to veranda.

No moward, loward,

No white feather coward,

Give him a gun he’s been empowered.

See the tanks rolling into town,

See the people being gunned down,

See the bodies on the ground,
jump in the river and pretend you've drowned.

See the plains flying in the sky,

Say your preyers your gonna die.

Mender, fender,

We serenader,

We can no longer be defender.

Hear the elation, across the nation,

There’s gonna be a celebration,

The old folks say never again,

But we know it’s gonna be the same

When, unchy munchy,

I’ve got a hunchy,

It’s time to sign and fight for your country.


chearful I know.

3 Comments:

At 10:44 am, Blogger Brie said...

i know the first two lines...

 
At 7:28 pm, Blogger Ludicrousity said...

I'm not sure I know that song at all.

 
At 9:00 pm, Blogger Zebe said...

sounds so cheerful. just brightend up my day. *cough*. i might go die now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home