Davies' Lounge.

On the eastern underside of the world is an oddly shaped nolvety island. On that island is me, the left-wing, rock addicted, pollitically motivated, film loveing bad speller. And this is my blog.

March 23, 2006

Let the games begin!

Yes I know that the games have already started, It's not my fault the impasient thing didn't wait for my signal.
My sister is absolutely loving watching the Commenwealth Games. It's exactly the kind of sport that she loves, with her chosen team winning left right and center with no real competition and leaving everyone else in there dust. Go Aussy Go. I think that it gets a bit tireing after a while. Especially seing as it's only the Commenwealth Games. The only sport which these Games really means anything in is Lawn Bolls. (which is actually a really exciteing sport). I mean, it's great for the induvidual athletes and all, a shinny medal is a shiny medal after all, But the hole thing is rediculious. So is the medal tally. At least now with the pool closed and the track in full swing it will even out a little. Australia isn't as good at track, but in these games she's good at everything. Or at least that's what the good people at channel 9 would have us think. Even with Thorpy fully sic.(He he... I would like to thank Rove for that one. Don't worry Thorpy we all love you).

These Games have made everything insane. We've branded the city a no go zone intill the're over. I shudder to think what something like this would be like with a less stable public transport system. I'm willing to forgive the trams all there hook turns and there mal-functioning ticket machines and there DINGDINGDINGDING at a time like this. One good thing about the Melbourne 2006 Commenwealth Games is that I now know beyond a shred of doubt the REAL reason why Australia hasn't broken her symbolic bonds with Mother England. While part of the 'Great and Bountiful British Empire', we can still kick the crap out of our collonial overlords at sport.
That will always be worth something.

7 Comments:

At 10:08 pm, Blogger Dboy said...

Hey! I was gonna say that, Peebody :)

Surprisingly, I have become more interested in the games as I see more.

I also went to actually see the 58kg ladies' weightlifting, which was pretty cool (although a little short). I'm a little sus over those Indians though...

jbxxbr

 
At 10:58 pm, Blogger wire said...

i've seen the squash and some athletics and will be visiting the squash again! the funny thing is that i never go to see sport, ever. oooh, bold and italics. but now that the games are on i'm getting out and seeing stuff and walking round the city and enjoying the sideshows - i love it!

 
At 4:59 pm, Blogger Zebe said...

Don't worry Thorpy we all love you?
NO DIE THORPEY DIE!!!!!!!!!!!

meh. i was never big on the games...

 
At 4:59 pm, Blogger Zebe said...

ooh, i need to see what this tag does..

 
At 12:28 pm, Blogger iggi said...

nothing that i can tell. what's wrong with thorpy?

 
At 2:00 pm, Blogger HoneyBee said...

oo games... i havent payed much atention to them... unless u inclued those thingos killing hiedi and kid couragous...
oh and kel had a school project on them but no the only thing i saw was an telly...LAWN BOWLS, it was better than boobahs!

 
At 12:19 pm, Blogger Ludicrousity said...

I so wasn't into the games...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home