Davies' Lounge.

On the eastern underside of the world is an oddly shaped nolvety island. On that island is me, the left-wing, rock addicted, pollitically motivated, film loveing bad speller. And this is my blog.

December 24, 2005

Christmas eve

'Well, it's Christmas time, and there's no need to fear... '
As a great man ones said. Now, is it just me, or is Christmas less commercial this year? It might just be me, coz there doesn't seem to be a particular abundance of love and compassion for the fellow man or any other such Christmas spirits. In less the Christmas Spirit is some kind of Alcohol. Anyway. My Christmas presents are all brought and wrapped, and placed nicely under the tree. Santa isn't coming this year, he's been coming less and less each year since we all got old enough to realize that the modern day image of Santa Clause was commissioned by Coca-Cola. It kind of ruins the effect once you learn that he wears red and white for marketing reasons. This is a fine way to conduct a Christmas eve blog post isn't it? But then, the year is almost over, and I need to fill the quota of cynicism and sarcasm that I referred to in my user profile. I am dreadfully afraid that I haven't lived up to it. I couldn't take the shame of that.

My yellow cockoteal, Festival, has lain an egg. I'm mentally calling it eggy. We're pretty sure it's not fertalised, becuase my other cockoteal, Perl, is strongly suspected of being homosexual. If indead it is possable for a bird to be so. She's kind of sitting on it in the corner of the cage and not letting anyone near it. I'll probebly take it out after a few days. It's her first egg and she doesn't seem to know how to take care of it.

To all of my friends from the real world and from cyberspace that visit this way station on the information superhighway, I wish you all a very merry christmas and a happy new year. If you christmas doesn't meet your minimum standed of merryness, I poscribe liquer in large quontaties. From Davie's Lounge, 'Let them know it's christmas time'.

5 Comments:

At 6:26 pm, Blogger Vikkicar said...

Hi. I'm random blog hopping. And it got me here. Just wishing you a Happy Christmas and blessed 2006. God Bless.

 
At 9:39 pm, Blogger Zebe said...

mmm... large amounts of liquor...

bah, closer to large amounts of chocie.

 
At 9:48 pm, Blogger iggi said...

close enough. Hi Vikkicar! welcome to Davie's Lounge!

 
At 9:32 pm, Blogger Ludicrousity said...

Hope you have a great new year!

 
At 10:11 pm, Blogger Brie said...

mmm choccie...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home